We are a leading international non-governmental organisation (NGO) working overseas in emergency settings, typically in conflicts, natural disasters, and health crises. Overall, we wish our new branch office to become known as the leading emergency medical organisation in this country.
This brief is to create a completely redeveloped website for our new branch office to replace the temporary website currently in place. As a new office, we would like to be represented by a fresh, modern and professional site. The objectives of this new website are, in order of priority:
1) To increase fundraising activity and overall donations
2) To communicate news from the frontlines of our work overseas in an engaging, dynamic and visually stimulating manner
3) To recruit professional volunteers to work with us overseas in the field
Our organisation should be presented as professional and reputable, but balanced with a sense of ‘edginess’ and standing out from the crowd, of being independent, not following other NGOs in choosing where we work or our positions on events occurring throughout the world. We are a very action-oriented organisation: we go wherever assistance is needed in the world, do what we have to do, and speak up on behalf of the people we assist. The site must convey this.
Our target audience is the general public, medical professionals and college students. They range in age from 18-50, both male and female, well-traveled, interested in international affairs, generally quite up to speed with IT and social media.
Visitors to our site must feel engaged with the people we help overseas.
***We are completely open to suggestions in terms of the overall layout and design.***
***Attached wireframes should only be used as a rough guideline.***
The fixed requirements are as follows:
1) Navigation: 7 button layout: Home, About Us, Work With Us, Donate, Voices from the Field, News and Resources.
2) The homepage should be markedly differentiated from all other pages, and be strongly image-led. Images should be large and impactful, making some use of animated technology where appropriate, and should also include our social media links – YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn.
3) Image-led, with strong images from our work overseas. The homepage must include a scrolling image rotor, which will contain a series of 4/5 powerful images at any time.
4) Colours: Red (Pantone 032c - #EE0000), black and white are the standard colours for our organisation. The focus should be on red and white in particular, with black less prominent. Designers are free to introduce other colours as secondary.
5.Certain ‘call to action’ icons have been created to illustrate “Go”, “Do” and “Speak” and should be used in the redeveloped site. you are welcome to create further similar icons.
1) Homepage concept
2) Landing page concept
3) Content page concept
4) Style guide/example for HTML forms
1) Please supply original layered PSD files or vectors (EPC, Illustrator etc).
2) The website will be converted into a Drupal theme by our developers.