I am looking for a top quality web design (homepage and 2 template pages) for a social photo captioning and humor website called CaptionCrowd.com
The concept of the site is simple. Users upload funny or amazing photos that the community can then add captions to. Captions are voted on by the community and the top voted caption is overlayed on top of the photo.I am not going to define in detail the structure of the pages as I want to allow you the designer full creativity. But I am basically looking for three designs as follows:Homepage
What should be on the page:
- logo (see http://www.captioncrowd.com - its the one on white)
- subheading: may the funniest caption winGlobal top navigation:
- Categories (this will be a hover menu to show all photo categories)show state of hover menu with 10 categories (use of dummy text links are fine)
- Hall Of Fame
- Captioner Leader Board
- Become A Captioner
- Login(When Logged In Only) My Account
Checkbox for "show photos marked as offensive", default of this box will be unchecked.
Main focus of homepage:
Single image (image could potentially be in many different sizes and dimensions, so your design must account for this and look good no matter what the size of the image is (although we will be scaling the image to no more than 800 pixels in either dimension)
Secondary Homepage Elements
- A list of captions which have been submitted for the related photo
- A form field and button to allow the user to submit their own caption
- A voting mechanism for each caption - it should be obvious how the user can vote for a given caption from the list of submitted captions.
- A checkbox to mark the image as offensive. "Mark this photo as offensive"
- A link to go to the next photo. In a sense it would behave similar to hotornot.com where after the user "votes" for a caption, they are then taken to the next photo/caption set automatically.2 zones on the homepage will have subheads and reduced sized thumbnails for:
- new photos(use about 5-10 photos in your comp)highest rated photos(use about 5-10 photos in your comp) Note about above photo lists:clicking on a photo will populate the photo in the main photo spot which is central to the page.
- Leaderboard module: shows the top ten leading users who have won the most caption points.
- Show 10 users in your comp with an avatar image, caption points and user name. User names will be hyperlinks to the users profile. Below list: "more users by rank" and "become a captioner" linksOther Homepage Elements
- Contest module: This should really "pop" off the page, use some bright colors here: "Become The Leading Captioner And Win A T Shirt of Your Choice From snorgtees.com Learn More Now >"
- Space for ads: Id like to be able to place a few 250 by 250 ads and a leaderboard 728*90 ad for monetization of the site.Registration Page
The design of this page should tie into the overall look and feel established on the homepage. The page should show what a form layout would look like. I'm looking for a very clean feel to this page. Would like to make the form feel different than a standard boring old web form.
Fields to show: username, password, date of birth (select field), checkbox for show me photos marked as vulgar or inappropriate. Upload avatar image (file browser field)
About Us Page Template
This page again should feel the same as the other pages of the site and provide a basic template for structured content such as heading, subheading, and paragraphs and a "callout" block that allows us to draw attention where needed. Use of greek text for this is fine.
Here is a good resource to get funny photos for the design comp:
- follow the colors of the logo (on white background) for the overall color pallete
- Web 2.0 clean look and feel. Large fonts, big form fields
- attention to detail, detail, detail - polished eye candy work!
- plenty of room for adverts that will integrate well with the overall look and feel (see description)
- designs that do not look professional
- dark backgrounds, serifed fonts and colors that make it hard to read
- poor quality clip art used in your design