Drawing upon the experience and expertise of leaders in activism, advocacy, philanthropy and art, traditional and digital media, experiential education and marketing, Unite Now provides vital resources and media exposure to non-profit organizations, socially-conscious businesses, individuals and groups of all sizes that choose to show their support for a cause or issue through artistic forms of advocacy.
The site will enable advocacy groups (Groups) to create events (Events) and invite individual (Participants) to join the live, real-world event. These Participants will use the website to upload compelling images/video from the events and connect with other Participants at the Event. Visit http://www.UniteNow.org for examples of the type of advocacy events and images that will be featured on the site.
Serving a global community of individuals and organizations who desire to make a more positive impact on the world around them, UniteNow provides an innovative approach to advocacy and activism by providing an online gallery, content distribution network and a set of collaboration tools to help groups mobilize and coordinate events that support constructive dialogue in the areas of human rights, ecological balance, animal rights, finding cures to diseases and solutions to global issues.
The overall tone of the site is “let the images speak louder than the words.” Simple and clean.
Unite Now will provide organizations, events and their participants with web-based collaboration and networking tools and a way to upload, download and showcases images, video and text from their events.
The home page at Unite Now will include:
- feature upcoming Events
- feature user-generated images from Events
- a call to action for Groups to create Events
- a call to action for Participants to join and upcoming Event
- feature advocacy "Causes" (e.g., Human Rights, Ecological Protection, etc.)
- the ability to find Groups/Events by CAUSE, ORGANIZATION or by LOCATION
- the design should distinguish past events from upcoming events in the previous section (either by color or design)
- a text module for Upcoming Events, Past Event Streams and Twitter Feeds
- Login for Group/Event Organizers and Participants
See wireframe for a VERY basic concept of the above. This is only a reference point. Designers are strongly encouraged to build upon this layout, organize components in a way to make sense to site visitors and resize elements for appropriate impact.
Remember, this site will inspire passion in the activists that use it... So have fun with it and don't forget to be creative!