We have just got our logo designed and are looking to get a corresponding website design made.
We have many things that we would like to get into the site:
* The site should say that we are experts at what do, that we are technically sophisticated (we are an MIT-spinoff), that we are willing to do things differently, and that we can show complex things using a clean and simple interface.
* The site should give the feeling that we are a small group of people who love what we do - i.e. it should look like it is built for a team as opposed to for a large company. Two site that are similar in this way to what we want are: xobni.com and sliderocket.com
* The site should feel like it came from a younger ibm.com. Also younger versions of veracode.com and agitar.com will fit out needs. Do note that some of these sites use some of the typical web2.0 styling - a trait that would likely work well with us also.
* The site should be consistent with the feel of our logo.
This contest is really only for the homepage and a minor modification to it to make a basic content page design (see the about pages at xobni.com and sliderocket.com for examples). The winning designer will also have the opportunity for another $100 or so for further help in getting the design consistent with the rest of the site: design for forums, etc.
Architexa helps programmers make sense of code. We do this by having a very sophisticated engine which makes diagrams from your code. The engine is both intelligent and at the same time is very interactive. Having such diagrams should make programmers faster.
The site should ideally say that we:
- are smart and technically sophisticated
- are young and are willing to do things differently
- make ugly code look simple and easyGiven the above we are thinking that our companies website will likely have blue, gray, and red (high-tech and active). Another option might include a shade of green (such as used in the logo) to have the same feeling. If using something different from the logo then the logo's color scheme might need to be modified to keep things in sync. But feel free to choose a different color scheme based on what we are trying to do.
To get a better idea of what our output will be some examples of what our diagrams will ideally look like (you can use one of them as the product image for now - I will send product images later):
- http://www.perseus-os.org/content/p…re.htmMore Details:
- Our logo can be found here: http://www.architexa.com/downloads/logo.zip. There are two versions of the logo in the file, for now use v2.
- Some sites that we like: apple.com, tasktop.com, ibm.com, xobni.com, sliderocket.com, veracode.com, agitar.com
- We would like the navigation (menus) to be on the top, and there would likely be only 4-5 options (similar to xobni.com).
- We would like a little bit of a Web2.0 feel, some of the above sites had a little bit of that, for example ibm.com, veracode.com, and agitar.com.
- It might be worth trying for 1-2 elements to span the width of the browser and the rest of the content to be centered, such as with sliderocket.com and uservoice.com
- Simple, sophisticated, and clean
- Need results as a psd.
- Complicated and cluttered designs.