Mini Cities, Inc. - Each Site also Has its Own Name Powered By Mini Cities
The Community Directory Project - Mini Cities, Inc.
Mini Cities offers community websites for real communities that surround major cities. We are asking the designer to design 8 pages. Each page is a section that needs to work within the Mini Cities location site but also has enough of its own look to stand alone.
Mini Cities is in the business of online advertising, email marketing, online couponing, and Search Engine Optimization and franchising
Mini Cities is launching a redesign and nationwide rollout in 2011 with the Community Directory Project.
The goal of the community directory project is connect people living within small suburban communities to the people and places within those communities. Mini Cities believes the Community Directory Project is the answer to the growing feelings of alienation in a world that is more and more connected.
Our target audience is women age 21-50 living in suburban communities surrounding major cities. Average household income $75,000 and advanced education.
She is a woman who appreciates clean sophisticated design with a hint of fun!
Looking for a design that is fun, whimsical and sophisticated.
Must allow for 3-4 banner advertisements on the homepages (can be varying sizes – do not have to match our current banner sizes). Design needs to be polished and flexible.
We are going to rework our logo in a seperate project. Our new tag is "Connecting Local Business and Local People (TM)." Mini Cities is added to other branding such as
Social Local - Powered by Mini Cities
Print and Go Coupons - Powered by Mini Cities
Many Domains incorporated
The Community Directory Project by Mini Cities.com (PrintandGoToday.com - ClassifiedsNoWeirdos.com - MyTownSocialLocal.com)
And local specific domains like - NewTampaDirectory.com
Design Up To 8 Pages
1) Homepage Location Site - Like New Tampa Directory.com
Include: Categories, Print and Go Coupons, Featured Local Blog with Pictures, Local Pictures, Deal of the Week. Events This Week
2) Local News/ Blogs
This area of the site has articles and blogs about the local area as well as general interest news. Some standard areas are:
- Local Sports
- Whats Up With... (Blog about what is going on in the area like what are they building on Main Street)
- New Business Blog
- Upcoming Events
- Whats Up at Local Churches
- "Area Name" Families (a local blog about who live in the area)
- "Area Name" Experts (blog from local attornies, doctors, dentists etc about their area of expertise.)
3) Classifieds - No Wierdos
Local Classified Ads - See Slide #15 of the content map.
4) Print and Go!
This area has a weekly Groupon type coupon as well as just localized coupons. See Slide numbers 19, 20 and 21.
5) Social Local
This area is the Groups Area alot like the Linked In Groups or Meet UP. Standard Group Categories will be:
-Bible Study Groups
-Special Event Groups
-Special Interest Groups
Each Category can have x number of groups and each group will have a Calendar, a Memberlist, a Blog, a discussion board.
6) Events - A page listing local events. Be creative! Can be a list or calendar. Event detail will have basic, who what when where why and also pictures, contact information and links.
7) Business Listings. You can look at the NewTampaDirectory.com right now and see what we do now. It is kind of boring and needs some real spruce up!
8) Profile page. This is the interface for people and businesses to set up their profile.