WINNER of this contest will be rewarded the contract to design additional pages within this website!
The JAR Group is an interactive marketing agency based in Brooklyn, NY. We are re-designing our website to not only highlight our agency services and clients, but to also aggregate and interweave the collective social media stream of our employees throughout the website. The website will be a hybrid between agency website and blog/stream aggregator website.
Think Wordpress CMS + Friendfeed aggregation interwoven throughout an agency website.
The JAR Group
Please reference this website for interchangeable background functionality: http://anidea.com/
Also please use our logo colors only as an accent and NOT for header colors or nav colors
the JAR Group is an interactive marketing agency based in Brooklyn, NY. We provide services such as search engine optimization, affiliate management, digital advertising, reputation management, web analytics and social media strategy to our clients.
We are looking to redesign our agency website to truly establish ourselves as an authority in our field, while showing that we are in touch with industry news and developments. We would like to do this by integrating a blog and aggregating feeds from our social media profiles into the website on both the homepage and throughout the website while still maintaining a clean look and feel of an agency website.
The sitemap, logo and wireframes can be downloaded from here: http://drop.io/jar_website
The current website is: thejargroup.com
The website will be built on Wordpress and the design should be created with this in mind. The design should also be delivered as a .PSD or .AI file, with layers appropriately labeled and grouped. This will make the design easy to slice.
ONLY the HOMEPAGE needs to be designed. Design must follow the wireframe but creativity is encouraged. The winning designer will be rewarded the work for the remaining pages in the wireframe!!
Once the base homepage design is created, the other pages should be relatively easy to produce.
Websites we like:
- anidea.com (interchangeable backgrounds)
- thebarbariangroup.com (design aesthetic - we like that its clean and not so web 2.0 gimmicky)Core Requirements:
- Interchangeable background (As seen on anidea.com)
- Highlight the agency value proposition and services first and foremost followed by the blog/stream.
- Icons for various feed sources (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, FlickR, Google Reader)
- Clean look and feel, no loud colorsNote: Placeholder images should be used for employee headshots for blog posts and comments on the homepage. Actual graphics can be used for "Case Study" graphics
- Be creative. It is not necessary to completely follow the wireframe exactly.
- We do not want an overly complex design. We need a quick turn around.
- Please use our logo colors only as an accent and NOT for header colors or nav colors. We want a very clean look and feel. We don't want anything real loud.. think minimal but not boring