Wie Price Protectr das erste webdesign Abenteuer antrat
Price Protectr is a cutting-edge, consumer-facing website that helps people save money. We're looking for a client-oriented designer who is only satisfied with the best. Excellent communication skills and timeliness are a must. Top designers will have the chance to re-design the entire website. Timing is critical. NEW: Because of all the great, high-quality entries, we will offer a second prize of $100!
Was inspiriert Sie und wie stellen Sie sich das Design für Ihr Unternehmen vor?
Price Protectr allows people who have bought something to submit the URL of an item they've recently bought, and request an e-mail on how to get their money back if the price goes down at that retailer (because many retailers have price protection policies).
The "Deals" page is a core functionality of the site, and allows people to see price drops on items being protected, as well as the ability to see coupons at some of our covered retailers.
The "Deals" page also allows the user to sign up for a "Deal Alert" based on a few key words.
- The top of the page must have the Price Protectr name, mascot (Lowlo the Owl), the tagline "Your shopping companion", and master navigation buttons with animated drop-downs.
- The basic design must be easy to replicate across the entire site. In other words, the design should have some consistent structure (e.g. 1+1 column, 3-column) and format.
- Color scheme should center on muted green and gold. Nothing neon or too bright. Definite Web 2.0 feel, with simplicity being the hallmark.
- The site mood should inspire confidence, but not be as stodgy as a law firm or insurance company website. For overall designs we like, see leveragecard.com, shoeboxed.com, indiegogo.com, as examples (but they all have elements we're not too crazy about, too, so don't rely too much on them).
- Here's a mock of a new home page we paid to have designed. This is not a final, so feel free to use it for inspiration. We like many things about this design, so it should be a very good guide, but don't look at it as set in stone. http://www.priceprotectr.com/site/index.html
Was Sie nicht möchten
- Too many words
- More than 4 colors on a page
- Small text