AFL Super Coach
We need your WOW power on facebook!
We need you to redesign: http://apps.facebook.com/franchise-…E=CBS-SITE
[THIS IS YOUR WIREFRAME] Saying that, we will reward innovation!
We need to turn this app into an AFL orientated app ( http://afl.com.au ).
Current app is for American NFL
Redesigned app is for Australian AFL
These are two very different sports.
About the App:
The app allows users to build an AFL team (using current and old) players, grounds, coaches, etc. Then users play eachother in a 'game' and the winner earns rewards and trophies. Users can accelerate their progress by buying extra items.
- Male 60% Female 40%
- Aged 10-65
- Sporting knowledge [especially indepth AFL knowledge]
- Wants to feel like they are part of the action
1. This app is for the Australian AFL ( http://afl.com.au ) (very important). All designs must focus around making the user feel like they are part of the action. Your design must use terminology and imagery related to this sport. We will be very strict about this, even down to the icons. For example, an AFL field is oval shaped, an NFL field is a rectangle.
2. Please take the time to look at the example application. We need you to understand all the features and functionality involved. Our build will include all the these features. Attached are the screen shots of the app if you do not use facebook. So your designs must include the features.
3. We want a similar layout to the example application. BUT will reward designers who think a little creatively.
4. We are not fussed about color scheme. But please remember, AFL supporters love their team, so avoid favouring any team's colours.
5. If using copyright photography, please just use example photo (e.g. with the istockphoto logo over the top) in your submission and if we choose you as the winner, buy the rights to the photos afterwards.
For now, please only submit your design for the home page if we like it, we will ask for some other pages.
We will be rewarding / favouring designs who improve of the example application's user interface. If you think something should be better positioned, redesign it.
We are most interested in the front pages and the game pages. Especially, playing a game. Do you think you could design this a little better? We do.
For the terminology, bring AFL to this app. E.g. 'goal' instead of 'touchdown', 'full forward' instead of 'receiver' etc.
Simiplicity is key. We need the user to feel like they are part of the action. This was done well in: http://www.nike.com/playmaker/ [though a little dark? We are after something lighter.]
Basically, we like http://www.webcreme.com/ for inspiration.
It's hard to give examples. We like minimal, but we need to give the user all information they need. Maybe the example app is a little crowded?