Mercy For Animals
Mercy For Animals is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit animal advocacy organization.
Teenagers and young adults. (males and females ages 14 to 25)
We need a website to launch our new 15 minute documentary, Farm To Fridge -- a graphic and gripping video about cruelty to animals in the meat, egg, and dairy industries.
The website will consist of essentially just one page, which will have the YouTube video embedded.
It is extremely important that the video be the focus of the webpage. The buttons, links, etc should not be too "busy" as to take away from the video.
IMPORTANT: WATCH THE VIDEO THAT WILL BE FEATURED ON THE SITE. Here is a link to see the actual video that will be embedded -- we just haven't gotten around to posting it to YouTube yet:
Do not pay attention to the background graphics or the "Farm to Fridge" text (we will not be marketing it as "Farm to Fridge), or anything else on the above webapge except for the video. Also use the attached YouTube image for your design instead of the video player in the above page since we will ultimately be hosting the video on YouTube.
I am posting a link to video merely to give you the feel of the video. It is serious, dark, gritty, etc. The website needn't be too gritty (we don't want the webpage to look like a death metal website!) but it shouldn't be overly "happy" or the design will not match the content of what people are watching.
More specifics of the requirements are included on the "Page Details" section.
The page needs to have the following items at a minimum. Items are listed in order of importance:
- The embedded YouTube video. I will include a still screen shot of an embedded YouTube video at the proper size. (640 by 385 pixels). Please use this screenshot of the YouTube video in your design.
- The phrase "MeatIsCruel.com" somewhere on the website for branding purposes.
- A textbox and subscribe button for signing up for our e-newsletter. Possible text includes "Sign up for e-newsletter". "Subscribe"
- A "Get Your Free Vegetarian Starter Kit" or "Order Your Free Vegan Starter Kit" button or link.
- A "Share on Facebook" button or text link. The exact text, icon, you use is up to you. I've included a few sample icons.
- A "Learn More" button or text link.
- An "Embed" button or text link, which when clicked will popup the YouTube embedding code.
- A "Download" button or text link.
- A "Donate" button or text link.
- The MFA logo
- A "Purchase DVD" or "Buy DVD" text link or button.
The font used in the documentary is attached. Might want to try using it with MeatIsCruel.com text. However, that font is not required. Feel free to experiment with other fonts as well.
Also, the MFA logo attached, as well as some icons that you may want to use. Feel free to use other icons/images though.
Here is an EXTREMELY ROUGH mockup containing the major elements:
Notice how the website puts the focus on the video.
The mockup above should probably emphasize the e-newsletter signup a little more than it does.
Please do not restrict yourself to this layout concept. This mockup is merely one idea. We would like to see a variety of vastly different layout concepts.
Also, note that mockup is currently embedding one of our other videos. See the "Requirements" section to see what the final video will look like.