PYRAMIDO is a small sustainable gift for children in the packaging form of a pyramid.
- The pyramid has a size of 10cm x 10cm with a height of about 7 cm. See attached pictures and packaging layout drawing. Exact data of form are important!
- The material is grassfibre carton. See attached picture.
- The tip of the pyramid will have a small hanger.
- The final pyramid will be closed and will have no openings (windows)
Children will not see from the outside what the content of the pyramid is.
1. A small gift made of wood
2. A short story
3. Some candy
- The wood is timber of sustainable sources.
- The pyramid also includes some sanding paper for smoothing the wood edge. After this has been done, kids can beautify the wood with colour pencils.
- The wood gift varies from pyramid to pyramid.
- The short story is child-friendly and has varying explaining topics. Main characters are always the same (grandfather with his two grandkids Anna and Felix)
- The short story varies form pyramid to pyramid.
- Individually wrapped and packaged honey wafer (one piece per pyramid). The honey wafer is made of BIO and FAIRTRADE ingredients.
- The final product will not only be sold in dedicated toy stores or book shops but also in supermarkets.
- Key and main market: Germany
- MSRP: about 5 to 6 Euro.
Important points in regard to the packaging design:
- Appearance and design should appeal kids
- The four sides of the pyramid should be designed in a way to quickly attract people.
- The sustainable approach of the product and use of sustainable materials should be highlighted and reflected by the design.
- The logo of PYRAMIDO should appear on the pyramid
- The additional (German) slogan/tagline: “DAS Kindergeschenk für Kopf, Herz und Hand“ should appear on the pyramid (translation for a better understanding: „THE children’s/kid’s gift for head, heart and hand.”
- Use of pictograms for the three key components: candy, a wooden gift for sanding and colouring, a booklet with a short story for kids
- The bottom of the pyramid should be used for alle “technical” stuff such as:
o List of content: Holzgeschenk aus nachhaltigem Holz, Booklet mit Kurzgeschichte, verpackte Honigwaffel aus Bio- und Fairtrade-Zutaten
o Address of the manufacturer: PYRAMIDO Marius Würzner e.K., Auf der Grenzkaul 7, 51143 Köln
o EAN Code (=GTIN-13) (will be included later)
o CE sign (see attachment)
o Warning notice Choking Hazard : Pictogram see attachment plus German text “Achtung! Nicht geeignet für Kinder unter drei Jahren. Erstickungsgefahr durch kleine Teile.“
UPDATE 22nd of January: Some comments after a few days of the running competition and reviews of the received drafts. This might esp. be interesting for those of you who have not yet participated.
So, what’s important for us to be considered?
- We think that the use of pictures or cliparts of kids or children is not leading into the right direction that might fit for us.
- For us it is important to express the connection to nature and sustainability, so the use of nature related motives (such as trees, landscapes etc.) is a good approach.
- The front side of the pyramid needs to be more prominent than the other sides. Make sure that:
o The logo is included
o Ideally the three included components such as the wood gift, the booklet and the honey wafer are highlighted, e.g. with buttons/pictograms. And, it would be great to directly consider the concrete German wording “Holzgeschenk zum Gestalten”, “Büchlein zum Lesen”, “Bio-Leckerei zum Naschen”
o The slogan/tagline “Das Kindergeschenk für Kopf, Herz und Hand.“ is included.
Whenever you have a question, feel free to ask!