MyCityMobile is an APP (“Application”) that citizens download for free, which immediately allows them to access all of your announcements in a way that city websites just cannot accomplish. Best of all, it allows them to directly send messages to the appropriate department for action, making them feel that their input is being received and acted upon.
Is there a pothole that is dangerous and needs filling? MyCity can take a (geotagged) digital photo of the problem, transmit the photo to the proper department immediately and save the city time and energy in dispatching crews. Has unsightly graffiti lowered local property or business values? MyCity can send photos directly to your designated department, and you will know in seconds what the problem is and what to do to correct it. In fact, users say that using MyCity makes them even more aware of City Planners. One citizen nominated the City Planner for higher office after her first positive interaction with MyCity! It’s that good.
Does the city need to update street closings? MyCity allows the city to transmit news instantly without the need for costly printing of notices, and website maintenance.
MyCity IS EASY TO SET UP, requiring no computer experts, so city staff can use it easily with little training. It has an easy-to-use content management system (CMS) that allows city staff to change and modify content instantaneously. An RSS feed is enabled to maximize staff efficiency and eliminate duplication of effort.
Here are some of the key features of MyCity:
1) All information about your city can be input easily and updated in minutes
2) Daily Events and News Calendar
3) Updates for important businesses and visiting delegations
4) Get your residents involved in easy interactions that make them feel that their issues are being “heard” and addressed
5) Communicate important city announcements and share photos and videos
6) City Hall Reports and Updates
7) Provide your citizens information about their local city representatives and their responsibilities
8) Easily allow citizens to report issues like repairs, air concerns, etc., empowering them to instantly communicate problems or issues in the community to the appropriate city department or service provider
9) Geography of the city and its Key Places: provide your citizens with a look at all of your city’s facilities and amenities (parks, trails, community centers, beaches)
10) Business Benefits: citizens and guests can access and find directions to restaurants, shopping centers and historical landmarks
11) Advertisement functions are available to generate income to the city if the city wishes to include this feature
12) Push Notifications: a cost-effective, instantaneous and environmentally friendly communication tool that a city can use to reach its citizens for almost no cost