Accepted File Formats:
Standard Web Formats (.jpg, .gif or .png); Vector Formats (.eps, .pdf or .ai)
Thank you for your interest in this design contest.Â The Altamont Commuter Express (ACE) train station in Stockton, CA is named after one of ACE's founders, Robert J. Cabral.Â Currently, the neighborhood surrounding the station is undergoing a massive revitalization, and the station property will be getting a "facelift."Â In addition to a 75-foot clock tower, the station area will debut new piers holding banners which will announce entry.Â These piers, almost 29-feet high, will feature new monumental banners symbolizing the station and namesake.
This contest seeks entries for the design of these new pole banners.Â Eventually, the banners will be made of an outdoor vinyl material and will be 62" wide by 122" tall.Â The banners will be in full color.
The chosen design WILL:
- Prominently display the name of the station in any or all of the following fashions: "Robert J. Cabral," "Cabral," or initials R. J. C., with or without the periods.
- Make reference to the area as either "Station," "Plaza," "Center," any other creative new reference to the area, or any combination thereof.
- Be multi-colored.Â No official colors have been selected at this time.Things to consider:
- Banners may be placed on one or both sides of a given pole.
- Banners will be placed at a train station.Winning entry will be awarded $400.Â Winning entrant will be asked to wait to send artwork until payment details have been worked out between agency and winner.Â If a U.S. citizen, winner will be asked to supply ACE - a public agency - with a W9 form.Â
Examples of pole banners:
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/469018…nformation about ACE:
- http://www.flickr.com/photos/842635…/sizes/m/Â Picture - there are MANY others on the internet)