Stuck In Customs
Hello designers! Let's face it.. I wish I was one of you, but I am not… I don't think I'm a good graphic designer, but I can recognize great graphic design.
We are building a camera app for the iPhone. I am Trey Ratcliff from http://www.StuckInCustoms.com -- we have a very popular photography site, and this app finished… just doing one more rev on the UI before release!
"100 Cameras in 1" is a unique camera app that allows users to apply 100 different effects to their pictures. It has a many cool features that differentiate it from other camera apps:
- 100 Effects, which is a lot!
- A "poetic" feel to the app, the names of the effects, and the results. This is much "softer" feeling camera app that has a nice sensitivity, for people that are open to this sort of thing.
- It is FAST. We are using some special tech that make it the FASTEST camera app avail. (A problem with other camera apps is that they can be quite sluggish).
This camera app is for casual iPhone users. This includes moms that want to take photos of their kids, people that appreciate both style and substance, and people who simply love filling their iPhone with beautiful, compelling apps.
Your mission: Improve upon the existing UI design while maintaining the "feel" of the current design. I think you will see what I mean.
Deliverables: Provide at least 3 screens (more as a bonus) that shows off your "improved version" of this UI. Required screens are "Effects Chooser", "My Creation", and one other of your choice. I'll pick the favorite as the Winner!
-- All PSDs and the font are included in the ZIP file at http://dl.dropbox.com/u/565159/For%…rasApp.zip
- You can see there are only 7 screens (most of them very simple) -- and 2 tiny popup windows
- After I choose the Winner, that person will then be required to complete the design all 7 screens (and 2 popups) before payment.
- Winner will also have to deliver all PSDs with layers unflattened (in case we have to make changes)
- Winner will probably also be used for follow-up work on future versions!
Graphic Design Notes:
- Obviously, I like this "clean" white design. It is meant to be different (and better) than other camera apps.
- Existing designs are full of a few hints of ideas that you can either run with or change... I am very open-minded.