The app should be dark "gaming" theme colors. It has an existing UI which can be viewed in the AppStore, (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cs-…10235?mt=8) but is in need of a new design.
This app has several versions available at different price points. Each version of the app has a group of "core features" found in each app, but a variable number of "premium features" that become available at higher price points.
The home screen (first screen the user sees following sign in) is the most important part of this project. A winning design will need to have an elegant and highly functional home screen.
The existing home screen UI features a "grid of icons". This grid of icons style that the app currently uses is limiting as it requires the app to have a specific number of features (Ex 3x4 or 4x5) which is not always easy to make conform to the different versions of the app, as they have varying numbers of features.
AN IDEAL HOME SCREEN WOULD:
- Show the name of the app (Ultimate Utility for CS:GO)
- Show some basic profile information about the user in a small part of the screen (profile image, screen name, level, country flag, and clan tag)
- Contain some sort of news / scrolling headline feature. It should be more than just an icon with a badge showing the number of unread articles. It should be able to display headlines to the user when new article exists, collapse to just an icon when all articles are read.
- Contain dedicated icons in areas such as the title bar or toolbar for "core features" such as messenger, chat room, profile, news feed, playercard
- Have a large part of the screen (60%+) devoted to "premium features". This area would contain a variable number of features/icons. Can be as few as 5 icons or as many as 30 icons here. Exact number will vary with different versions of the app, and the UI should support this. As a result, icons will need to be organized in lists. The features will likely be grouped into categories such as guides, social, & other. However, the number of categories and their names may also change.
The goal of the home screen is to grant access to as many features as possible with a single tap, while still maintaining an elegant design.
One possible solution is to have a tabbed table/list view with dedicated icons in a toolbar/titlebar. Additional features can be organized in lists with a tabbed selector for each group.
Other solutions are welcomed so long as they allow for simple adding of additional new features or removal of features without disrupting UI.