Zenalux, a start-up from Duke University in North Carolina, develops a specialized, “real-time” diagnostic device that shines light on biological tissue and then measures and analyzes the reflected signal. The product improves cancer detection in biological tissue with the goal of significantly accelerating feedback in drug discovery and pharmaceutical testing; enabling new diagnostic capabilities; improving screening in the operating room; and enhancing monitoring the effectiveness of cancer therapy.
Our value proposition is as follows:
- Provides previously unavailable measurements in pre-clinical research
- Speeds up pre-clinical research
- Detects disease states earlier
- Reduces infrastructure required for detection of disease
- Reduces cost in the operating room
- Optimizes the use of cancer therapies
We carefully chose the word "Zenalux" as our company name. "Zena" has several meanings in the world today: hospitable, grain (like a seed that grows) and is used as a women's name since we are focused on women's health. The word is also based on the word Zen which is ripe with legend, mythologies and imagery. "Lux" is another word for light.
Our company goals are to eradicate breast cancer; improve human health and reduce health disparities world-wide using low-cost effective tools.
We are targeting the medical device marketplace. We have several applications that might help describe what we do. If you have experience designing for the healthcare/medical device market, these could be familiar to you:
- Analytical Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Testing, Pre-Clinical Tumor Models
- Drug Dosimetry, Metabolism Measurements, Oximetry, Hemoglobin Measurements Etc.
- Clinical Studies For Cancer Diagnostics, Tissue Analysis And Image Therapy Monitoring
- Research And Education
Specifically, we have three main audiences
- Medical doctors
The logo could contain just the name Zenalux, or the full name Zenalux Biomedical (maybe both?).
Here are some word games that might be beneficial to better understand our persona as a company:
- If the company was an automobile, we would be a German automobile: very compact, reliable, not old-fashioned, not complex, simple to use, sleek, well-engineered
- If the company was an animal, we would be a cat or Seeing Eye dog: small, handheld, very fast, confident, and well-mannered
- If the company was a tool, we would be a low-cost, handheld laser tool: sleek, portable, durable, sturdy, predictable, versatile, robust, and very accurate, made of carbon fiber
1. No Cartoons - we want it to be playful but not cheap or childlike
2. Nothing too elegant - we do not want to come across as being fancy.
3. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. We want something that stands out.
4. No stock images or clip art in the logo.
We will be using the logo in a variety of ways: on business cards, embroidered on apparel (no fine details), used in Word and PowerPoint templates, stenciled (in B/W) on a shipping box, used on the website and other materials.
Blue (darker shade), Champagne (light gold) and maybe a touch of Burgundy. The logo should look good in black and white too.
.ai (CMYK), .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)