We have been delighted by the response to our brief and have been inspired by your creativity and ideas. It was very tough to reduce the number of entries from over 100 great interpretations of the brief to a list we felt resonated with our values, positioning and focus.
Reducing the list down to three designers who created 5 star awards was even more challenging. We chose four. Congratulations to our final short list of 5 star designers:
- dmelendez10 for design #13 #12
- miguelandrade for designs #40 #17 #16
- falconrebel #98 #83
- babitaverma #22 #8
We will be in touch with each of you for some final comments on your designs before we award the prize. Good luck!
To recap the brief summary: We help businesses and people shine using proven communication techniques. We need a design that reflects the power of communication and our core values of focus, integrity, curiosity, excellence, and playful professionalism.
The logo will run though all our communications impressions, from website to prospect gifts to business cards. When someone is given a business card, for example, we want them to respond "that looks really exciting, where did the inspiration come for that?" That inspiration could be you! : )
JAMconsult (see also http://www.jamconsult.org)
brief backGROUND: JAMconsult is a business committed to helping others help themselves.
Our vision is to make a significant contribution to the quantity and quality of business and people profit.
Our markets are global. Our people are local.
Our ambition is to be the organisation most valued by organisations that value presentations excellence, the power of words and relationship building.
We want this design to support our marketing efforts and awareness building which will span face to face networking at conferences ie business cards, event banners, websites, trade magazine advertising
* a prominent color should be strong yellow or orange. Yellow is our color of positive, logical thinking (refer to Edward De Bono's 6 hats of thinking)
* Other colors that are meaningful: - red or purple (color of passion/focus/emotions) - green (color of creativity, curiosity, options, alternatives) - blue (color of logical overview) - black and white check (balance of power & protection, facts and figures, possibly use via partial chess board/checker board pattern to denote start or finish line) - part of the logo should try to incorporate a camera on a tripod. This can be interpreted as widely as you like, for example the o in JAMconsult may morph into an eye drop which could also form part of the camera eye (minus the 3 legs which are not mandatory, it is up to your imagination & interpretation). If you believe the camera and/or tripod should be ommitted and you feel passionately enough about this, then leave it out.
* The design should be clean, simple, effective and playfully professional. Nothing too trendy please - a dignified approach is desired.
* Artwork with supporting colors/pantone color codes for business cards and website primarily. The design will also need to be adapted for stationery, and JAMpacks (prospect gift packs) at a later date. This will be briefed as a separate project.
* Arial font preferred (no italics) but not mandatory (eg JAM in arial bold. consult in arial)
* Prefer JAM to be in red and consult to be in black or grey.
* The background color could be predominently yellow, or predominently white (or black with reverse white letters) with a splash of solid yellow in the shape of your design.
* The yellow does not have to be mellow yellow if you feel another type of yellow better contrasts with the colour mix you have selected eg orange
* Keep in mind the logo will need to be faxed or photocopied from time to time so the colors should contrast effectively
We are keeping an open mind. Be as creative as you like within the guidelines (rather than rules) above. If you have any questions or require clarification you can contact us easily on firstname.lastname@example.org