We quit our corporate jobs a few months ago and are working hard trying to change the way people think about going out to eat!
Both restaurants and restaurant-goers could benefit from an overhaul, a new way of thinking, that would allow for restaurants to fill vacant tables and to encourage eaters to experiment with new restaurants. There are financial barriers to eating out every night, but we believe we can assuage that burden while improving restaurants' upside.
We're working hard towards our goal of changing the way people decide where to eat; a nifty logo would be big for us and will be featured prominently on everything we produce!
1) Primarily young adults - tech savvy urbanites, groups of friends who enjoy eating out together, families - who frequent restaurants on a semi-regular basis (1-2 times a week). These are the people who enjoy trying new places but for whom price sometimes means the difference between going out and cooking at home.
2) Local middle-to high-end restaurant owners (think of the family-owned neighborhood Italian restaurant rather than a chain or super high-end, read: stuffy, establishment) open to social media and to new marketing approaches.
We are looking for a polished logo and favicon that speaks to the aspiring foodie. In our minds, we're envisioning something within the "less is more" school of thought (the typeface should be clear, simple and bold) . If you can think of a way to convey that the product involves restaurants/food and (instant) savings in a clever and non-gimmicky way, give it a shot, but we're looking for something that's crisp and not busy.
1. Use SecondServing as one word but distinguish them in some way - feel free to experiment (perhaps in color, font, or in the capitalization of the words)
2. Scales nicely and looks great on a web page and in print
3. We're not married to any particular color but again, we don't want it to be excessively busy (i.e., too many colors).
4. No cartoons, clip art, or stock photos please
Good luck and thank you for your help!
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)