More than a contest. Not for a business. It's for a movement (and hopefully a viable business). Taking 0.001% from Google. Punching the lights out of GE. Returning dollars and powers to the community, local businesses, local people, neighbors. Sure you'll get some dough. But you'll design a logo that makes bread. And I think the bread will be tasty, and you'll enjoy eating it.
WattMonkey LLC will fuse the success of web 2.0 trends (social networks, communities, blogs, blah, blah) with the energy revolution.
What I want designed? A simple logo that hits 85% of my do's and dont's. A monkey who has been offended to the extent that they might be willing to join a revolution, in a non-voilent sort of way. A monkey that is fed up, electrified ... umm ... I already said what I want designed in the "what I want section".
Why I want it designed? To remind folks that their plowshares can still be used as swords. To encourage millions of people to feel that NO intellectual barriers NOR commercial barriers NOR cost barriers can keep them out of participating in the energy revolution. Really quick, by "energy revolution" I mean (understanding what you use, reducing what you use, creating electricity, using clean energy)
Why I am asking 99designs? Well, I already have a decent logo. One person created it. I like it. I would like it more if it were created in a competitive, community design environment.
About Myself: Not sure why this matters. My life has alot of odd numbers in it. I have a good deal of personal problems, but very few proplems with people. I am sacrificing everything (except integrity, family and health).
- Logos with and without the Monkey
- Simple. Enjoyed by a Physicist and 8 year old
- Take a look http://www.vias.org/feee/symbol.html for some ideas of electrical engineering symbology
- When including monkey in design, try for:- The sweetest little monkey on the planet
- Electrified (look at some EE schematics)
- Scowling with a dash of optimism
- Offended, but not offensive
- Nothing Green (I mean the color and the ideology)
- No Earthiness
- No Carbon Footprintish type stuff
- No fancy fonts (or maybe) no capital letters (or maybe)
- Nothing, absolutely nothing, that could be potentially viewed as saving the planet
- No allusions to anything political, ideological, socio-economical, and other type of words that end with "al"
- And for logos including a monkey: No biting teeth. Monkeys with visible teeth that appear poised to bite are frightening.