Design a logo that will be world famous and the centrepiece of your portfolio.
PriceTrump is an extremely well funded online startup business due to launch in January 2011. Our service will build a bridge between consumers who do not normally purchase goods online and the offline (bricks and mortar) stores who want to increase their market penetration beyond their immediate local area without having to set up an online store or establish additional stores in other locations.
We are not another Groupon clone who could send a business broke by filling their stores with unprofitable cheapskates and one time consumers who rarely return. As my Grandfather used to say "Always leave a bit of meat on the bone for the next guy"
If PriceTrump were a person we would be similar to Don Draper from Mad Men but definitely not Pete Campbell. Personable, trustworthy, connected, inspiring, sexy, alpha male, secretive but not a cheater. The VIP Room. Seems to know everyone and everyone loves doing favours for them. The go to guy whenever you want to buy something. They always seem to know someone who they can introduce you to so you can get the product at a great price.
"Ring Sarah at Acme and tell her Adam sent you. She will take care of you"
We have three target audiences:
- Uninformed and risk averse offline consumers.
"If you use your credit card online to purchase something hackers will copy your credit card and steal all your money from an ATM! It is true I saw it on 60 Minutes"
"I would rather DIE than ask for a discount!"
"I am happy to pay more to get the product today and I like to have the peace of mind of purchasing from a physical store"
- Bricks and mortar store owners.
"I want more sales but I don't want my store to look cheap by having low prices"
"The quality remains when the price is long forgotten"
- Obsessive and successful bargain hunters/networkers.
"How much for cash?"
The main logo should be integrated into "PriceTrump" instead of having a logo and separate text. We will also need a smaller logo that can be used as the favicon. You can play with the caps so pricetrump, PRICETRUMP etc are ok.
DO NOT WANT:
- Clipart and stock images = vomit.
- Black and white only.
- The orange, green, blue that is used on 90% of 99designs submissions.
- Ripoff logos. We will be trademarking this logo.
- Currency symbols, numbers, or anything that reminds you of telemarketers, insurance salespeople, health maintenance organisation (HMO) managers, lawyers, or automobile sales representatives.
Some ideas to help you get started:
- Clear, simple, and easily readable.
- Looks good on a white background, in greyscale, on TV, newsprint resolution, faxed, or printed on consumer printers.
- Honesty and integrity. Nurses were voted as a the most trustworthy people. We are in no way health related but we would like to have this level of trust shown in our logo.
- The nostalgia and feel of quality in a toy hand made by a master craftsman instead of the poor quality mass produced Chinese product.
- Nostalgia for a bygone era when personal connections meant something
- The comforting thud of a door closing on a Rolls Royce. "THUNK" not "SLAM rattle rattle rattle"
- Metal not plastic.
- Steampunk maybe if it can have that look without the complexity? Old but new?