Electrical Supplies eCommerce Site needs a logo FAST. We needed this done yesterday. This should be easy money for a good designer. Show us something simple, bold, masculine, easy to read, versatile, etc... and we will end this contest on the spot. Possible bonus to the winner if design is really good and opportunity to do the stationery, etc... Feel free to ask questions. Feedback given promptly. Please read entire project brief.
We just need a logo. And, we need it quick. A cool favicon, based on one of the elements in the logo, would be cool and appreciated, but not required. We just want something simple, bold and fresh. Think really clean and fresh lines. NO TIMES NEW ROMAN! More on the specific style with examples below!
We sell small electrical parts online and off. We need a logo for our new site/brand. To get an idea of the products we sell, please visit some of our friends sites elecdirect . com or cableorganizer . com and browse their catalogs or you can search for the following in google and learn about what we sell that way:
cable ties, cord grips, heat shrink connectors, ring terminals, nylon ring terminals, electrical fasteners
Since we sell primarily to industrial folk, rather than the super artsy type, we would like something that reflects that. Like we said before, something bold, strong, powerful is preferred. We definitely want it too look cool and refined, but don't go overboard.
It might be cool to have an icon that symbolizes the HUB part of our name. We are trying to be THE source online for these parts... Think circles and things that connect... NOT REQUIRED to go down this path. Just rattling things off.
- Style: Make It Simple. We would like a typeface and an icon either to the left of the typeface, above it, or integrated into the type in some way. We still want something creative though.
Its probably best to just use an example from some of the designs we have recently seen on this site. The following designers/designs caught our eye in terms of the style being close. I'll add more designs and styles as I see them...
- We particular like the Strawberry media design that gfxart did and how the strawberry could be used as a standalone icon in certain places.
- Typeface: Simple and Bold. Closer to arial than Times New Roman.
- Colors: Open, but thinking blues right now with an accent of really anything. The only real requirement is that logo should be able to work on light or dark background. Colors can be flipped. Like light text and dark text... If your design is in contention, we will prolly ask you to try a few things.
- Just in general, versatility rules in our mind. Give us something that we can use on dark, light, with icon or standalone text and we will be happy.
- We don't want any one part as part of the logo or icon. That just usually turns out cheezy.
- Nothing too flashy.
- Nothing wimpy.