We are a social enterprise whose mission it is to sell very affordable products, that bring economic, social and environmental returns, to low-income consumers in the developing world.
Our vision is to lift millions of people out of poverty through enterprise.
We are actually looking for a Brand identity. It is certainly a logo (and associated artwork) but may be the basis for a branding system. the logo will illustrate the quality and durability of our products, (solid, tough, reliable, robust, appropriate) which are specifically designed for our target consumer group (very low income people in Africa (but probably later other countries including India)).
The primary audience are end consumers in the developing world (low level of education, mostly non or poorly English-speaking).
The secondary audience are businesses with whom we will be buying and selling, and intermediaries in both the western and developing world (high level of education, mostly English-speaking) (incl. China). For this latter audience we want to communicate credibility, reliability and professionalism.
- The quality and durability of the products that are specially designed for a very specific consumer group (e.g. solid, tough).
- Feature the name ToughStuff
- Be visually very distinctive and quickly recognisable also to illiterate people
- Still be effective if in B&W / greyscale
- Optional: logo can include a strapline that illustrates unique selling points:
- Quality, durable products that are yet affordable;Artwork to be delivered in high res photoshop format. We require business cards, letterheads, and compliment slips layout artwork as part of the fulfillment of this contest. We will need layouts for powerpoint and word too. Also need hig res versions of each of the 'components' of the artwork. Lets get the logo/image right first then we can finish off with the look of each of these particular items with the winner.
- Resemble a toy company
- Be childish
- Be too Africa-specific (e.g. maps of Africa)