10stairs - online trick guide
10stairs.com will be a new INSTRUCTIONAL website for skateboarders. The name "10 stairs" was chosen for it's creativity and relevent meaning to the sport. In skateboarding, anybody that can jump off 10 stairs would be considered a very skilled skater with bragging rights. The name "10stairs" is not just unique and memorable but speaks to the fact that our website will help all skateboarders become good enough to jump 10 stairs (or do whatever other tricks that might want to learn).
10stairs was started from a passion of skateboarding as well as a passion for helping others. We hope to build a COMMUNITY where skaters can help one another with tips for performing their favorite tricks.
10stairs is looking to become the #1 online instructional site for skateboarders and may soon branch out to clothing, media, and other forms. The brand will become one of the latest new brands to be introduced to the world of skateboarding and hopes to attain the loyalty of skateboarders worldwide just as other skateboarding brands have done. (ie: DC, Independent, DVS, Birdhouse, Zero, Element, Etnies, etc)
The logo will be first... then comes the website. Stay tuned for more info.
Male 12-25 years old (skateboarder, extreme sports group).
These are the EXTREMELY PRIDEFUL rebel anti-conformity kids that listen to alternative, rock, or underground hip hop music. They're very self-conscious about their public image and the way they dress. Needless to say, they are VERY selective but loyal to the brands they represent.
- the logo has to be REAL, LEGIT, GRASSROOTS, UNDERGROUND and accepted by kids who are constantly hiding from the mainstream brands and not trying to appear like a "sellout" or something that is too commercialized.
Remember this target audience identifies themselves as being:
**** PLEASE READ ****
- bright/hot colors .... orange, yellow, white, red, blue, green, black? (2-3 colors MAX)
- Hip, Creative, Edgy, Fresh, but also Professional
- image reference easily identifiable as skateboarding-related (do NOT use high-detail graphic of skater)
- CLEVER/UNIQUE designs
- maybe image reference to brand "10stairs"... such as image/silhouette/outline of stairs?
- please FOLLOW current logo-industry standards (David Airey, SmashingMagazine, SitePoint, etc)
- meaningful choice of FONT, focus on the brandname..
- we'll most likely have a slogan/tagline like "Steps to Your Favorite Skateboarding Tricks"
or shorter "Online Trick Guide"
(not necessary if it ruins your design concept)
PLEASE KEEP LOGO SIMPLE. Not necessary to have exactly 10 steps in every image. Not required to have image of a skater because it's often too much detail.
- For all concepts seriously under consideration, we will provide input and feedback for revisions as appropriate.
Submit each concept in color & 2-up:
1st version final color
2nd version against pure white
3rd version reversed against a pure black background
(winning design must display well in multiple applications (print, online, etc.)
FORMAT: Winning design must be in Adobe .ai vector format file. All artwork must be original (no stock art elements) and full copyright ownership must be conveyed to 10stairs.
If you need any further clarification, we are happy to address questions. Thank you in advance for your time and interest in this project. We are excited to see your designs!