WideAwake.Org is a non-profit charitable organization focused on the alleviation of suffering caused by poverty in third world countries. Key brand differentiators include the following:
• WideAwake.org will direct one hundred percent of donations to the donor’s charity of choice with no administrative or marketing expenses.
• WideAwake.Org will only work with grassroots projects that have a demonstrated need and have shown a commitment toward superior resource stewardship and community development.
• WideAwake.Org aims to work principally with donors who have become jaded and hard hearted due to obvious mismanagement from large organizations
• WideAwake.Org seeks to market across generations however we desire to have a special focus on social media optimizing engagement from generation Y and hopefully introducing generation Z to a tool to direct their commitment toward global social responsibility.
• WideAwake.org embraces values of inclusion and desires to convey neutrality on divisive issues and unity toward the common goal of kindness, stewardship, compassion and change.
• WideAwake.org will have marketing presence online and offline.
We hope for our logo to convey the following emotions:
I. Global Focus-Easy to understand across cultures & segments
II. Stewardship, trustworthiness, wisdom
IV. Compassion, kindness, community
V. Sense of belonging.
VI. A brand that one can wear.
Broad Segmentation Profile
• Y and Z generation
• Culturally and sociologically aware
• Social media savvy
• Middle to upper middle class
Note that long term WideAwake.org aspires to address a very broad segment in the United States and other developed countries population. Initially however, there will be a strong marketing focus on US with offline marketing taking place in major metropolitan areas. Key offline projects include:
• Educational Institutions ranging from K to college
• Small liberal churches
• Social planners/Events (fundraising during wedding or family reunions)
• Usable across a variety of media
• Colors convey values of organization
• Colors work well with dark or light backgrounds
• Owl remains a key element of logo design
• Logo is functional as a standalone accessory to fashion and design (cool t-shirt)
• Simple, scalable, unique
• Modern typography reflective of current trends
• Designer will produce a standalone owl for iconic use
• Designer will provide a variety of size and color versions package to include Black and White
• No tagline
I would appreciate some submissions which offer only subtle change in design but improve on our ability to use the logo on dark and light background while allowing for a functional transition.