Lighting Women's Lives (REF: http://www.mcwerie.org)
Mercy Center for Women (Erie, Pa) is an organization committed to transforming the lives of women. MCW takes in women in real need, houses them and provides real-life skills that equip them to be successful in life. We want to engage the entire community in this mission - a new logo/bi-line is the first step of an expansive campaign. Existing site: http://www.mcwerie.org/
My companies, IDVidPro.com, Keys2Heaven.com, ErieAlityTV.com, and IDGenesys.com have contributed to the successes of many INSPIRATIONAL MAJOR MEDIA projects and ORGANIZATIONS (Disney's Narnia, Warner Brothers' Superman Returns, A&E's God or the Girl, ABC's Extreme Makeover: Home Edition). We are committed to setting a standard for excellence, and are always interested in incorporating new talent for a variety of high-impact projects.
Please address questions specifically referring to this project to: Greg Schlueter, Greg@IDVidPro.com
Our primary target is women with discretionary income and talents who want to aid in this mission (ages 35-70, income $50K+++/year, minimal college education, have community sensibilities and leadership). [certainly, we also want to engage men and others outside this primary target who will become benefactors]
Secondarily, the entire community. There will be substantial, additional campaign "build" following this logo/bi-line branding that engages the entire community in the mission.
The winning designer will:
(1) Incorporate the name ("Mercy Center for Women"), with the bi-line ("Lighting Women's Lives"), into a powerful, unique, coherent symbol blending woman, flame and home;
(this will be used with video deliverables that convey the power of one "light"/candle being extended to others, and in turn to others, that lights an entire community. The light corresonds to both a woman "client" and an invitation to the community- to be that light to them.)
(2) Feel free to offer multiple variations and/or instances in terms of color, style, font or etc.;
(3) Be open to "tweaking" feedback without guarantee of final selection (we are respectful of your time and will not request tweaks unless you're in the ball park);
(4) In general, we want this to have a feminine appeal in style. Not looking for cheap, clip art! A good integration of woman, flame, home! Want it to be simple but not necessarily simplistic;
(5) Make available all source files (Adobe Illustrator, etc.) "free and clear";
DEADLINE for FIRST CONSIDERATION: Friday, January 29.
FINAL DUE (subsequent to tweak-requests): Friday, February 12