Bean Tribe (beantribe.com)
Beantribe.com is a start-up with a target launch in March. We're an online coffee of the month club that introduces customers to new micro-roasted coffees from across the country every month for a subscription fee. They pay $X to receive one or two pounds of specialty coffee/month from a different roaster.
Coffee is usually mass produced just like beer. But, there are artisan roasters (just like microbreweries) who focus on crafting organic, free-trade coffees that are appreciated by those who love a good brew. We cater to those folks and our service gives them a chance to discover a coffee they otherwise would have never found on their own.
- 18-34, 50/50 male/female
- Lovers of coffee, though not necessarily coffee snobs.
- Organic and free-trade consumables are important to them.
- They are earthy without being hippy, and environmentally conscious
- They also buy products like microbrewed beer and shop at organic markets.
- They appreciate being part of a movement or small group of people.
- They do not want to be marketed TO.
- The logo should NOT look corporate or like it was designed on Madison avenue. It needs to have a somewhat casual feel to it, be approachable and have a vintage edge to it (see notes below on New Belgium and Breckenridge Brewery).
- The logo must incorporate a coffee bean. It does not necessarily have to be a black/brown bean, however a bean is central. We do not have a specific color palette in mind.
- It does NOT necessarily have a have a tribal feel to it. The word "tribe" is meant more to denote a small, rabid group of people who love the same thing. A "Survivor" feel would be the wrong direction. No grass skirts or natives.
- Some examples of branding we like:
-New Belgium brewery: http://www.newbelgium.com (Our fave comp. LOVE what they did with their logo and also the cardboard cut-out looking images. Also love how everything has a vintage edge to it.)
-Breckenridge Brewery: http://www.breckenridgebrewery.com. Love the whole look/feel of the site and the label designs.