A Quick Note:
PhotoSamurai seeks to represent the philosophy of its namesake more so than the specific fighting / killing activities. Please resist the urge to depict blood, seppuku / harakiri or any other sort of gore / dismemberment in your logos.
- Adobe Illustrator file format, please!
- Looking for both logotype design and logo + the words “PhotoSamurai”.
- Logos can be either illustrative or abstract, as long as they somehow allude to the concept of “samurai”. Bonus points if you can incorporate “photography” in some way, too.
- Remember, samurai are NOT ninjas. Just sayin’.
- Keep it clean and simple. Elements do not need to be intricately detailed. Logos that are NOT photo-realistic are preferred. See artist mikoto’s depiction of a samurai warrior FOR REFERENCE ONLY: http://www.redbubble.com/people/mik…os-samurai
- Deep, bright colors only, with an emphasis on blacks, browns or reds. No pastels or pinks. Silhouettes are perfectly acceptable.
- Please, NO “Chinese Takeout” fonts, kanji or Asian caricatures. If depicting human figures, the faces should be indistinguishable / of no particular race/ethnicity.
- We’re open to creativity! If you design something particularly exceptional that doesn’t necessarily follow the above criteria, we’ll let you know!