Please stay away from literal translations of our name as the festival is much more than mountains and film. The winning logo needs to be unique to Mountainfilm and stand alone as a symbol of the festival. Use of film, reels, cameras, etc. can be used to describe any festival and without the name Mountainfilm will not be associated with our festival alone. Please think outside of the name to design an iconic logo that is scalable, describable and unique.
Mountainfilm in Telluride
Mountainfilm in Telluride is one of the longest running adventure & environmental film festivals. Our mission is to educate and inspire audiences about issues that matter, cultures worth exploring, environments worth preserving and conversations worth sustaining.
We began as a climbing festival in 1979 but have grown to encompass so many aspects of the world with Mountain Culture as our core.
We are now embarking on a new adventure of our own as we expand our presence int he world through a touring film festival, a DVD, web video, and multiple other forms of communicating with the world. Because of this we want to develop a unified logo design that will be recognizable, scalable and describable.
We need a visual representation of our brand that can easily translate to all of the various mediums we plan to engage (listed above). I would encourage you to visit our web site for more detailed information about our organization and what we stand for. I am also available to further elaborate or provide past logos that don't work.
We're trying to stay away from fully literal translations of ourname as the festival itself is so much more than mountains and film. Wehave a global consciousness and have a mission to educate and inspireaudiences. The winning logo will need to be unique to Mountainfilm andable to stand alone as a symbol of the festival. Use of film, reels,cameras, etc. can be used to describe any festival and without the nameMountainfilm will not be associated with our festival alone. Pleasethink outside of the name to come up with an iconic logo that will bescalable, describable and unique.
- Logo that provides a visual interpretation of our brand
- Design that can stand alone or will work with the festival name Mountainfilm in Telluride
- Design that can translate to all of our mediums (DVD, Web, Print, Video, Etc.)
- Design that will look good in 1, 2 or more colors
- A logo that inspires
- Simple, clean and iconic
- The use of Mountainfilm is all one word and cannot be broken up.
- MOUNTAINFILM is the main brand and should be the major part of the design. The sub-brands are In Telluride, On Tour, etc.
- Illustrator .ai final format.
- Interesting use of the name Mountainfilm
- Text should be clean, readable and unique to the logo.
- A Corporate logo - we're a creative organization based in the mountains of Colorado. We don't want an office park feel.
- Overly Complicated or muddy
- Literal - Please no film strips (Mountains are OK but not necessary)
- Text Only Logos - get creative