We’re seeking a logo for The Dog Day Care Center at ManhattanWest , a day care service for dogs located in an upscale mixed-use condominium community.
The Dog Day Care at ManhattanWest
The Dog Day Care Center at ManhattanWest is a day care service for dogs located, at ManhattanWest, a mixed-use condominium/office/retail/hotel project located 10 minutes west of the Las Vegas Strip.
Residents of the development and the local community can drop their dog off for the day, knowing that their pet will be well cared for and safe when they return. While the project is located 10 minutes from the Las Vegas Strip, you’ll want to draw on a more urban, New York flavor, and avoid anything that says Las Vegas
The Dog Day Care Center at ManhattanWest will be located in ManhattanWest, a mixed-use community featuring 700 residences, shops, restaurants, offices, and a hotel. Customers will be pet owners, typically 25-55+.
While we are open to ideas, we are pretty sure we’re looking for a logo that will fit into our current ManhattanWest logo family with a similar, “New York Subway”, rectangular black background, white “subway stripe” on top, motif. You are welcome to add an icon similar in style to what you'd find on NY subway sign- maybe a terrier in profile?
There are two variations of our current ManhattanWest logo. The first is enclosed in a black box, with a white stripe at the top. You can see an example in the lower right corner of this page.
The other version of this logo, typically used on black or dark backgrounds uses just the logotype, without the box and stripe and can be viewed in the upper left of this page.
The new logo should be designed to work both with and without the black background/stripe.
If you feel you can design something that works well without the stripe, please feel free to go in that direction as long as it's really clear that the logo is the same family as our core ManhattanWest logo.
- Please use the full name: The Dog Day Care Center at ManhattanWest.
- • A look and feel that ties in with the overall look and feel of the project’s existing ManhattanWest logo- this includes colors, typeface, background elements, etc.
• A look and feel that matches the design of the ultimate winner of our current contest for our Executive Suites at the same project. If you’re entering one contest it’s definitely worthwhile for you to enter a matching design for the other at the same time to increase your odds that if you win, you’ll win both contests.
• Something that will work as well in one or two color as it works in four color process. We’ll need to be able to use the logo in everything from electronic media to one color promotional items.
- A icon using the letters MW together. We don't want to change the ManhattanWest brand image.
- Logos that break completely new ground and don’t tie in with the type and style of our current ManhattanWest logo.
- Unaltered clip art. If we can tell it’s clip art, you’ll want to stay away from it.
- “On-the-nose” New York or Manhattan themes
- Please stay away from fonts associated with New York like Broadway or Deco style faces.
- Las Vegas themes