Yukon Law Foundation
The Yukon Law Foundation is a not-for-profit organization whose primary objective is to maintain and manage a fund accumulated primarily from the interest on lawyers' trust accounts, to be used for:
- scholarships for students attending law or law-related studies,
- conducting research into and recommending law reform,
- establishing, maintaining and operating a law library for public use,
- contributing to the legal education and knowledge of lawyers and the people of the Yukon and providing programs and facilities for that purpose,
- legal aid programs and related programs for the benefit of persons unable to afford the legal services they require,
- contributing to the special fund, and
- contributing to other related projects or activities.
Below are phrases that we think best reflects our organization, it’s culture and vision:
We currently don’t have a logo and need a professionally designed logo for multiple uses including our website, stationery, business cards, ads, promo literature, publications and exhibits.
We want a logo that will appeal to adult males and females.
Below are our primary target audiences:
1) post-secondary students who want to be in a legal or law-related field
2) organizations who want to do education related to law or law reform
3) lawyers who want to know what their money is doing
We are looking for a simple, original logo that is memorable and that will represent our organization for years to come. We are looking for a combination logo – a symbol with text. We currently have no color schemes in mind so we are looking for a creative designer to come up with a great design for us.
What We Want
We want the logo to communicate the following characteristics and attributes:
The logo must be scalable so it can be used across a variety of mediums. It must be printable on something the size of a ball point pen or on something as large as a billboard sign.
It must be printable in one color.
It must be printable in reverse (i.e. light logo on a dark background).
The logo must be designed in CMYK with the files delivered as an .ai file. The font needs to be designed so that it can be changed or converted into an outline if required.
What We Don’t Want
Please no stock or previously used images – originality is a must.
We’re not interested in overly complex or ornate logo designs.
No gradient designs.
We’ll be using the following star rating for the logo design contest:
5 stars - definitely a contender for a prize
4 stars - close to being a contender needing minor improvements
3 stars - close but still needs work
2 stars - not really there yet
1 star - not to be considered but 1 star for a good try.