Frozen Turkey 5k
Road races are a growing participatory sport in the United States, and perhaps the largest day of the year to run a road race is on Thanksgiving. Our race, the Frozen Turkey 5k, will take place for the first time this Thanksgiving. While we don't anticipate the race being 1,000+ people, we do anticipate a nice turnout and a fun, community-driven event.
We want our race to be the best Thanksgiving day race in Illinois and a great logo is one of the first things we need to get this race off the ground and running (pun intended, haha).
Our target audience is the running community in the Chicagoland suburbs, specifically the northwest suburbs. Our race will be held in Buffalo Grove, Illinois, a moderately large northwest suburb of Chicago.
Most of the runners that do a running road race on Thanksgiving are doing so with their family. Family, of course, is perhaps the primary basis of Thanksgiving, being with your family is so important on that day. We try to emphasise that among our group of area runners and want our race to wrap around being a family-oriented event.
Furthermore, the running community is very health concious and very close-knit. While that might not directly affect how the design looks in the long run, it certainly should be something you think about when designing the logo.
We want you to be creative in your design, but here are a few musts:
- Colors that need to be included are brown and light blue (baby blue)
- Since it's a Thanksgiving road race, we'd like to have a turkey running as our main logo, using the brown and light blue color scheme.
- The name of the race is Frozen Turkey 5k, which must be included in the design.
- Thanksgiving this year falls on November 26, 2009 and our race will take place in Buffalo Grove, Illinois. Including both the date and race location is a must.
- Be creative. Traditional turkey trot logos are everywhere. We're hoping for something a little more creative and fun.
The rest is in your hands. We're posting this on here because you're the best!