MYC4 - MYC4 is the abbreviation for 'My Care For' – something or somebody you care for
Africa represents an enormous untapped business potential. However, Investment opportunities in Africa are difficult to access due to incomplete financial markets.
MYC4 was founded in May 2006 to ignite entrepreneurship in Sub-Saharan Africa and change millions of lives. Muhammad Yunus 'commercialized' Microfinance some 30 years ago. MYC4 is now 'personalizing' Social Investments by enabling individuals globally to participate - at your fingertips.
With eBay as a reference; MYC4 is an online Peer-to-Peer platform providing fair priced capital to underbanked entrepreneurs who have a business that provides healthy economic prospects for growth – focusing on micro, small and medium sized businesses.
MYC4 is matching people with need for capital and people with means to invest, stimulated by:
• providing Investors access to risk/return adjusted investments
• enabling African business to attract capital at market conditions
So far, +17,000 investors from more than 100 countries have invested in the region of €12 million in approximately 6,000 businesses in 7 African countries. MYC4 is preparing to rapidly increase these numbers so ultimately MYC4 will be globally available – for investors as well as borrowers!
BBC World will soon broadcast to millions of viewers - http://www.theworldchallenge.co.uk/
Visit http://www.MYC4.com or even better signup and find out how it works!
MYC4 basically targets everybody!!
• You could be a private individual that would like to contribute to a better world and help Africa stand on its own two feet
• You could be a private individual that has no interest in Africa, but wants to earn an attractive interest on providing loans to businesses… that happen to be located in Africa
• You could be from Africa wanting to invest in your neighbour
• You could be investing on behalf of a business that wants to execute on their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) strategy
• You could be an Institutional Investor focusing on Return on Investment
• You could have your bank handle the transactions on MYC4
• You could be the African entrepreneur who wants to obtain a loan to realize a business dream…
• You could even be my mom!!
It is free to invest and you can start investing with as little as EUR 5…
Must be based on the 4 characters in 'MYC4'
Must be VERY easy to grasp/decipher/read
Obvious – easy to remember/recognize – even when the logo appears in a tiny version
Must have a global appeal
Colours: orange, grey, white, black. Yet, open to see other ideas! MYC4 will go global, so traditional African colours is a no go. Orange has a very strong appeal with us ('edgy' version of red, often used as a charity colour). Must also work in black/grey/white
Trustworthy/reliable – though not like a bank
Caring yet focus on scale – there are people behind that care
Conservative yet with an edge – a little twist to 'MYC4' is welcome. Look at real estate agents (www.home.dk): keyhole in the letter 'o'. It has to be clever – no $ signs, explosions (C4 = plastic explosives), Africa symbols or charity ‘signs’. If you solve this 'keyhole' element, you could be on the right path, but this is also where you could fail, if it gets tacky!! It is ok that the detail only can be seen when the logo is in website logo size or bigger
The logo needs to be in a format that is suitable for use on:
• Our website – grayish background (see attachment)
• email signatures
• PowerPoint presentations
• Letterheads, business cards, loan contracts, etc.
• Promotional material requiring it to be blown up to be a large scale
• Retail products
• Etc. etc.
Perhaps include '.com' in the logo