We're looking for a logo for a new Africa-focused gear and clothing store with the name "Rift". It's all about equipment, clothing and supplies that are made for Africa, that are "Africa tough".
What I'd like to see is a logo that has the spirit of the surf and skate companies (think Quiksilver, Volcom, Hurley, etc), with the feeling of the African bush country.
This logo will need to go on clothing, as well as on the website and equipment. Some of that will be burned into wood, embossed on leather and printed in black/white. Keep those thoughts in mind and try to figure out a way to create a distinctive logo that works in multiple environments.
The following words express the brand image we're looking for:
"adventure, tough, reliable, made-for-use, camping, outdoors, offroad"
Everyone, many good designs so far, and it's been less than 24hours. Keep in mind that this is more of a "man" brand, and that youshould be able to drag it through the mud and jump on it a coupletimes and it will still work just fine.
For the symbolism/icon, look to Africa-related symbols like cave art, animal symbols, tribal symbols, spears, etc.
- The logo must have the word "Rift" in it
- The logo or a part of it must be able to stand alone as an icon – for branding purposes (favicon, email signature, buttons, etc.)
- The graphic should in general be flat, unless there is a good reason for using depth
- Will need to look good in black and white
- Web 2.0 style design
- Run of the mill logo work