All About Eat [tagline: Great Food Found Here.]
All About Eat will launch as a blog, but another half-dozen products will roll out thereafter including a newsletter, Q&A and directory. This logo would be used across all media, including promotional material for stores and products featured on the site. Initial launch is LA, but will go to other cities and states. I love great food, but really hate the preciousness that can come with that culture. I'm an online exec and currently part of startup incubator Founder Institute; a former journalist, chef, restaurant critic and food writer; I vowed a long time ago that I wouldn't spend my career trying to craft synonyms for "delicious" and "yummy."
I think All About Eat will speak to an audience that doesn't need or want the frills on a lamb chop -- they're smart, well educated and relatively sophisticated. Specialty food is a big business, somewhere north of $63 billion, and the people who visit my site will also go to Chowhound, Epicurious and Saveur. The site will include restaurants, food products and tableware.
I see three parts to the logo; they can be used together or independently.
1. Site name: All About Eat
2. Tagline: Great Food Found Here.
3. Image: TBD. I would like a food-related graphic to be incorporated into the logo.
I like clean lines and colors that pop. The website's colors are muted; I think the logo is a chance to bring color into the product. [See attached .pdf]
And, as it happens, the outline in the 99D sample brief largely hits close to home.
1. No cartoons - I want it to be playful, but not cheap or childlike
2. Nothing too elegant - we do not want to come across as being fancy. I want people to feel like this is a trusted source for great food (from hot dogs to foie gras) and the kind of site that they want to make a regular part of their week.
3. The typeface should be clear, simple and bold. It should stand out, but not be too fancy.
Hope this is enough to get started, but I'm more than happy to answer questions.