- Wants -
* Looking for a logo and identity for our new 'Niich' platform.
* Desired Style - Logo needs to work on both a white and dark background.
* Desired Color Scheme -Open to fit your overall concepts.
* Typography - Logo will be used both offline and online. Use a font the will help best brand our 'niich' LOGO
- Logo needs to work with our new niich.com site design. See snapshot here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/supast…747461201/
- * Logo needs to be in Vector Formats (.eps or .ai)
Looking for unique new design concepts at this point.
- We are really excited to see what everyone comes up with for our logo.
- Note! It's NOT required that you focus on the 'ii's in the logo design. Feel free to come up with a cool icon that embodies the meaning of niche and can sit on it's own or go along with the logo text.---
UPDATE NOTE #1:
We are not set on any one concept for the logo, but are looking for something web 2.0 which embodies our vision for Niich. Definition of a niche - (a. A situation or activity specially suited to a person's interests, abilities, or nature: found her niche in life.
b. A special area of demand for a product or service: "One niche that is approaching mass-market proportions is held by regional magazines" Brad Edmondson.
a. The function or position of an organism or population within an ecological community.
b. The particular area within a habitat occupied by an organism.)
The Niich platform will enable people to launch their own niche community so we are interested in seeing how the logo can embody this idea in a simple yet powerful way.
Here is an article about the typography used for web 2.0 logos generally. I like the style of many of these as they are all strong, brands.http://www.fontshop.com/fontfeed/archives/the-logos-of-web-20/
Some of the designs that I have rated above have either a creative concept behind their logo entry or they are using a particular font type that fits or vision. I shall continue to provide feedback on as many of the entries as possible. We are very happy with the response, but with so many submissions it is really hard to give feedback on every design, if I eliminate your design without any feedback, this means that overall it is not what we are looking for. If the design has elements that we are looking for i.e. it's a creative idea, good use of font type etc. I will provide feedback and direction on all of this.
I hope this helps and thanks again to everyone who has participated so far in this contest. This may be the first contest we have held here at 99 designs, but it wont be the last ;).