***IMPORTANT - PLEASE ALSO READ COMMENTS POSTING FROM APRIL 8 FOR ADDITIONAL DIRECTIONS.***
This is a logo/word mark for an iPhone app called EasyShift.
What we are trying to accomplish with the logo/word mark:
1) Emphasize “easy.”
- Easy within your life, not necessarily just an easy task or job.
- It’s easy for you to incorporate these small assignments in your life.
- In the flow.
- Fun, high energy, and upbeat.
- You make it easy.
- A sense of accomplishment, easy rewards that achieved simply by doing the things you are already doing.
2) “Nostalgia” and “Americana” are intriguing concepts that might work well in considering imagery for the shift/work experience. They recur in our brainstorming, and we are open to creative ideas about how to integrate them.
- Several historical periods that have unique imagery/relationships with the concept of work shifts (70s, 50s, 30s, etc.).
- Honest work, honest pay.
- You feel good about, and you like, the work you are doing.
- Fun, easy, straightforward, instantly rewarding experiences.
3) “Reward” for work.
- The monetary reward is important, but we do not want it to be overly emphasized.
- “Reward” in terms of "sense of accomplishment" is an equally important concept.
- Overall, we expect that more women than men will use the app.
- Moms who are the primary shoppers, errand runners, and couponers in the family.
- College students and recently-graduated students.
Visual elements NOT to be included in a logo/word mark:
- Technology – images of mobile phones, wireless towers, antennas, etc.
- Shopping – shopping carts, coupons, stores.
- Money – dollar symbols or images, including coins.
Where logo/word mark will appear/be used:
- App Store.
- Social media presences (Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc.).
- Mobile app splash page (on the iPhone).
- Sales and marketing collateral (print and hardcopy).
- Company t-shirts and other shwag.
- Private contest, but will consider allowing winning design in designer's portfolio
- Flexible around capitalization within word mark.
- No animated characters, please.