We need a fresh new logo and color scheme, with two to three different executions of the color schemes tha we could choose from.
The ideal logo would do one or more of the following: i) make clever use of the brand name, ii) make some sort of visual connection to children and/or education, and iii) give a sense of achievement without a sense of competition.
There are many web sites offering “edutainment”, educational games, and “fun” activities, typically with rather garish colors and a child orientated approach. We are positioning ourselves as a much more serious educational site with the overall look and feel aimed at the parents as opposed to the kids, so think sophisticated rather than kitshy.
The personality attributes of K5 Learning are:
– Self-motivated, enterprising, achievement orientated
– Safe, protected, riskless, unharmed, reliable, solid, sound, assured
– positive, spirited, enthusiastic, indefatigable
– Devoted, dedicated, committed, thoughtful
– Engaged, approachable, friendly, helpful, sincere.
The colors / size should be consistent with placement on a modern adult orientated web site with high usability.
Some home pages we like the look & feel of are: