ChangePals is a global online community for bright young adults and professionals to:
1) Discover if and why they feel stuck in one or more areas of their otherwise positive and successful life
2) Connect with like-minded peers or experts who can help
3) Transform themselves or each other in a structured and ongoing way
Just like the effective online change mentor it wants to be, the ChangePals brand is earnest, fun, uplifting, generous, firm, encouraging and supportive. (Keep these in mind when choosing your color palette.) It doesn’t take itself too seriously, but it does want to project an air of polish and credibility, and always keeps the participants’ end goal of real and lasting change in mind.
Web-savvy working professionals, tertiary students or homemakers from 20-45 years old.
They’ll tend to work or live in metropolitan hubs like The San Francisco Bay Area, Johannesburg, London, Sydney and Singapore.
They are globally conscious, culturally sensitive, well-read, curious and collaborative. They want to make a difference in their community, but may need to make a few personal/internal self-realizations first.
They feel overwhelmed, sometimes paralyzed, by the accelerating pace of change at home, at work or in society at large. They want to believe they are flexible and open to change, but may sometimes harbor attitudinal barriers or simply have lacked the chance to learn about techniques from elders or mentors that will work for them.
The design elements need to be simple and depict motion or variety, to symbolize the many facets of life that can and do change. They should also be distinctive at any scale i.e. from favicon to outdoor billboard.
Because ChangePals is new to the market, a combination of a symbol/icon and brand name is preferred.
For reference, here are five recent styles and directions that we like:
- ‘Amoeba’: depicts morphing and motion, unstructured shape and lack of sharp corners is appealing
- ‘Doodles’: the ChangePals logo should look a little more polished and less ‘busy’ than these, but we like the intimacy and soul of this style
- ‘Fibrous’: strength in numbers, dynamic and rhythmic
- ‘Sequential’: depicts motion in sequential steps combined with transparency
- ‘Dandelion’: ideas waiting to burst out and propagate, circular or stalk image works well as a scalable icon
Please provide an Adobe Illustrator CMYK source file in .esp format, as well as a layered RGB file in .psd format, and a favicon.ico.
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo.