Wie MCCAC Coordinator das erste logo design Abenteuer antrat
Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC). Note that the abbreviation and the title need not both be in the logo.
Help us attract municipal leaders and citizens to our newly created centre, which will be a one stop shop for municipalities who want to help the environment, their bottom line and the people in their communities.
The goal of the newly established Municipal Climate Change Action Centre (MCCAC) is to enable Alberta municipalities to learn about, identify, plan and implement economically viable climate change initiatives (e.g. energy efficiency and renewable energy) to enhance the sustainability of their communities while reducing their greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and contributing to the provincial goals under the Climate Change Strategy.
A website will be developed in the months to come to deliver resources online and an Action Team is being established to staff the centre and add capacity. The logo will also hit the road via workshops and presentations.
Erzählen Sie uns, wer Sie sind und wen Sie erreichen wollen?
The majority of our work will be focused on municipal engagement, including elected officials, administrators and citizens. However, we are supported and directed by municipal associations and the provincial government and will be cooperating with various third party service providers including NGOs and corporations.
Things we like include:
- A logo with icon and brand name (or acronym) included. Note that brand name casing isn't important.
- The use of 1-3 colors will be preferred, but should not be considered a requirement.
- A “clean” design that is not too busy.
- The logo will be predominately used on website, advertising and documents.
- Key phrases and themes to describe the desired impact: eco and economic; innovative and cutting edge yet trustworthy and professional; and grassroots.
- Recommendations for corresponding style guides (e.g. complimentary fonts available in Microsoft Word) will be welcome, but should not limit the freedom of design entries in any way.