We are an educational nonprofit looking for a clean and memorable logo that reflects our brand. Our goal is to help parents and teachers empower children to grow into active citizens. The description for the brief contains a few ideas for the graphic portion of the logo.
Education to Empower
We want a logo to help build strong brand awareness and support our mission.
Our primary audience will be educators, parents and students.
We'd like them to feel like they've found an ally. We are here to help.
Keywords: Empowerment, Education, Citizenship, Philosophy, Learning, Children, Teachers, Power, Allies.
The nonprofit itself is dedicated to fostering innovative programs to provide youth with the confidence and skills to become active participants in civic life. Our flagship program will incorporate philosophy into elementary schools.
Some ideas for the graphic portion of the logo:
(I like this idea the most) A Chalkboard with the word Empower on it
"EtE": The first E is green with an apple stalk, the second E is orange with yellow sun-rays
An open book with sun rays shooting up
An open book with hand-prints above it
Here are a few examples of some logos I liked:
- Children's Progress Contest (I like this one the best)
- Freedom Soft Contest
- Yembri Contest (minus the reflections and gray background/outline. I like the image for #212 on the left, and the font for #211 on the right)If in doubt, assume the primary audience will be teachers and interested college students/volunteers.
- all capital letters or all lowercase letters
- the graphic to obscure the logo
- lettering that is overly thin