E.A.R.L.I. (Acronym stands for "Early Assessment of Renal and Lung Injury")
We are a group of medical doctors at a University center in San Francisco dedicated to improving the care of critically ill patients. EARLI is a research project that is unique in that we recruit and collect biologic samples on critically ill patients early in the course of disease, right after they arrive to the Emergency room. Most of our patients suffer life-threatening infections or cardiovascular complications and, unfortunately, many go on to develop organ failure or die from their illness. Many studies are being generated within the EARLI project using cutting-edge technology to gain insights on the disease process and ultimately to improve the care of patients with critical illness.
For information purposes, "renal" refers to the kidney. However, our studies be looking at all types of organ injury.
An immediate goal is to use a logo to increase recognition of the EARLI project around our hospitals, particularily among hospital staff, patients and family members. Soon, we will also use the logo on our website so that we can collaborate and communicate with others in the scientific community. Ultimately, the many studies that result from our project will use the logo as an identifying symbol in all presentations. Here our target audience will be the international scientific community. Therefore, the logo needs to translate to a wide audience ranging from patients and their family members, hospital staff, and the scientific community of researchers.
We are looking for a logo to represent our research project: EARLI, which stands for, "Early Assessment of Renal and Lung Injury".
Our criteria are as follows:
1. Clean and crisp, preferably with 1 or 2 (max) primary colors. We like the idea of shading in one color as well. Please experiment with colors!
2. The word "EARLI" should be incorporated prominently in the logo, although it does not necessarily need to be in all caps or separated by periods. The "Early Assessment of Renal and Lung Injury" section may or may not be included in the logo itself. Please experiment!
3. Seek creative inspiration on the "Early"concept. Two main themes we like are
1) FAST: saving these patients is a race against time and we intervene EARLI.
2) Brand New Day: We hope by researching patients EARLI in their disease, we will improve care of patients tomorrow. (see discussion section)
We like lilypad designs, especially the "Project RED" (Re-engineered discharge) logo (#21):
We also like the style and simplicity of the attached file created at 99designs.com
Here is an example of what we would like to avoid:
The files we will require are:
Print file format - .ai (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo