Zeta Tau Alpha is an international women’s fraternity with more than 238,000 initiated members, 168 active collegiate chapters and 238 active alumnae chapters. ZTA develops members’ leadership, academic and service skills, and supports breast cancer education and awareness as its official philanthropy. Think Pink® is a registered trademark of the ZTA Foundation.
The mission of Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation, Inc., through successful fundraising by alumnae and collegians, is to fulfill the founding principles of Zeta Tau Alpha Fraternity by providing, in compliance with IRS guidelines, support for programs that are educational, philanthropic and always responsive to the needs of a changing society, further enhancing Zeta Tau Alpha’s leadership position in the Greek community and its influence in the world.
The Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation offers members the opportunity to serve others through national service projects as well as local philanthropic activities.
• Our national philanthropic focus is breast cancer education and awareness. Think Pink® is trademarked by the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation and serves as an umbrella for these efforts.
• Members offer more than 415,000 volunteer hours, and chapters host more than 500 Think Pink® events each year to spread breast cancer awareness and education.
• Each member participates in a myriad of service and philanthropic programs throughout the year. From holding Pink Out athletic games to 5K races, from distributing pink ribbons to working with patients and survivors, our chapters and members raise awareness and funds for the Zeta Tau Alpha Foundation to support our philanthropy.
Zeta Tau Alpha’s connection to breast cancer spans more than two decades. Our members are passionate to serve this cause through diverse and dynamic opportunities.
In February 2004, the ZTA Foundation announced that Think Pink® had become a registered trademark of ZTA with the United States Patent and Trademark Office. Since then, this term has become the umbrella theme for all of our breast cancer education and awareness projects. Since 1992, ZTA members have distributed:
• 10 million BSE shower/breast health tip cards
• 11.2 million "One in Eight" breast self-examination stickers
• 14 million pink ribbons
Zeta Tau Alpha members – ranging from age 18-100
Breast cancer survivors
General community members