Based in Hollywood, CA. Buddha Bark is a pet lifestyle company focused on providing fun, stylish, and innovative designer solutions that empower people to integrate pets into their everyday family lifestyle. The company started by producing a successful Hollywood media event series as a celebrity dog style lounge and fashion show during the Golden Globes and MTV Movie Awards. The company is committed to supporting and working with pet charities and animal rights groups such as Best Friends Animal Society and local shelters. In addition, the company features and works with many eco-friendly pet product designers and plans to give back a % of profits to a foundation called "Pups for the Planet" similar to 1% for the planet.
“Our mission is to improve quality of life by showcasing stylish solutions that allow people to integrate pets into their everyday family lifestyle.”
Recent Photo Gallery:
Company is planning expansion into online retail, video marketing, and direct mail channels and wants to ensure brand communications and ID is outstanding so potential for more work to follow:
Our competition is mainly online pet retailers such as http://www.funnyfur.com, http://www.moderntails.com, and http://www.trixieandpeanut.com selling luxury pet clothes, accessories, supplies, and travel solutions. However, we are positioned as affordable luxury and will have items in line with Petco pricing not just luxury boutique items.
Consumer B2C Audience:
-Dog owners who also shop online.
-People who are crazy in love with their pets.
-People who treat their canine companions like special children.
-People who are interested in finding activities, solutions, and products that empower them to do more fun activities with their dogs everyday - doggie yoga, doggie surfing, dog fashion, dog travel, dog parties, dog sports, dog parks, etc. This is more concentrated on small and mid sized pampered pooches, but also applies to big dogs, puppies and more practical lifestyle solutions as well.
- income middle to upper middle
- kids -(empty nest) or young couples - anyone where dog is filling the role of a child
Here is what we are looking for in the final design:
1) Logo Style - Modern, graphical, bold, integrated, versatile
2) Clean, Unique Font
3) Color - This is key. We want to use color in branding "own" a color a bit - probably a shade of green and/or blue but need refinement here.
4) Clean & Simple - Many pet industry logos are cartoony and messy. We don't want this at all. Should look more like a designer brand.
5) Icon - innovative and attractive icon for use in favicon and possibly integrated into logo. Our current icon is too complex and too many colors. See simplyfido.com as good example of icon integration into logo treatment.
6) Extra Wording - should show a version with our line "canine lifestyle" and one without
7) Exclusions - Please do not use any stock images or clip art in the logo
WE WANT SOMETHING CREATIVE!
The deliverables we will need are:
a. logo files
Print file format - .eps (CMYK)
Web file format - .jpg and layered .psd (RGB)
b. favicon icon
c. PMS and web color selections
d. any supporting graphic elements (show the logo in context of a web banner)
From one Designer to another.
Thank you so much for your design work! You rock.
Attached are some background graphics and the current logo, but don't let these limit you.