Wie mediaman das erste logo design Abenteuer antrat
Bardington is a music company focusing on production, promotion and distribution of music (physical and virtual). In earlier days companies like Bardington have been called record labels ;-). Bardington ist focussed on Pop, Pop/Rock, Singer/Songwriter Music with some Hip/Hop, R&B artists. Heavy Metal and Dancefloor are not focussed.
As the first step in the creation process of our corporate identity we need a high-professional logo design.
* Brief has been complemented on Monday, January 12, 10 a.m. (CET) - a summary of individual feedbacks/guidelines that had to be given often has been added. No impact for designers who already submitted designs. 3+ stars rating designs don't need the information, others have gotten this information on an indiviual basis before. *
Was inspiriert Sie und wie stellen Sie sich das Design für Ihr Unternehmen vor?
The manifold use of visual elements in music business processes demand for very good conceptual skills connected to exceptional creativity from designers being succesful in this contest. A good approach is to think of Bardington as a service company delivering music instead of financial or consumer services.
Please be aware that the logo design is only the first step into the process of our development process. Winning designers who have the skills will have the chance to support us further on.
At the moment we have the idea of an threepart logo:
- stylized "B" or button with "B" in it: This has to work in a one color version without gradient eg. for printing in black only on CDs etc.
- "Bardington" typo: standalone or in combination with "B"
- brand extensions like "Music", "Digital", "Productions", "Multimedia" to be used with brand typo and (optional "B"). * Should be readable on small versions of the logo as well and not be limited in lenght (extensions with two words could be possible in the future) *
We really want designers to understand the use of the logo. As described above a one color has to work for prints on CDs for example, while the next day we'll need the 3D rendered and animated version in a video or DVD trailer. In between there's everthing you can think of: stationery, web, powerpoint presentations, staff clothing, press kits. (Please keep that in mind – although the contest is for the logo only).
Please understand that we won't be able to comment designs that don't meet the requirements in this brief – as we expect quite a lot of submissions. Our goal is to separate the wheat from the chaff as efficient as possible and proceed with the promising submissions. All designers submitting designs that follow this brief will get immediate feedback (except for designs submitted on Wednesday/Thursday - feedback can take up to 24 hrs).
One word on the color scheme: We're currently thinking of a flexible color scheme which could be used to adapt our identity elements to the artists' artwork color scheme (e.g. when used on Press Kits etc.).
- Surprise us and the music business. Amaze us. Show us the most beautiful and appropriate record label logo we've ever seen.
- Highly conceptual and professional designs that show more an identity approach than just a accidental logo design
- * Something sophisticated *
- All final data delivered in professional format (eps)
- Use of professional fonts that come from a font family for use in print designs etc., no free fonts with only one style (if standard fonts are used)
- color scheme if flexible color concept provided
Was Sie nicht möchten
- blatant music symbols like guitars, notes, clef, peak meters or piano keys
- concept that focus a certain musical style
- anything that doesn't meet our quality and concept standards
- anything to balant (as the music we provide is more important than the company itself)
Dateiformate der finalen Designs
Wir haben ähnliche Wettbewerbe gefunden, die Ihnen gefallen könnten