Design a logo for a green portal website that will pull together green resources, information, leaders, calendars, green maps, and more for Austin, TX.
A logo in two versions: a stacked version and a banner version.
The Austin EcoNetwork has been a listserv for nearly 6 years and is now being turned into a comprehensive website; we need a fresh, exciting look for the site.
Target audiences include citizens, leaders & members of green organizations, business people, media, & government folks.
While we have a small budget to work with, the designer of this logo will get lots of exposure in the green community of Austin. Further, if the format of this site proves useful (as we think it will), modifications of this logo for other cities may become necessary, and we could keep an ongoing relationship.
We're on a short timeline--web designers are standing by ready to build out the site, but we need the colors/look to be established in order to proceed with the design.
- Colors & fonts that will work well as the themes for the entire web site
- Should look good in color as well as black & white and in negative
- Visible & distinguishable from a distance; small or large (clear enough for a banner at an event)
- Something implying digital-meets-natural
- Ideas: network; connecting the dots; eco imagery; things flowing together (like tributaries into a river, root systems); the words themselves could be the logo
- Can separate/stack "austin" "eco" and "network" or string them together but we need at least one version we can put on a banner with the URL http://www.AustinEcoNetwork.org
- clearly "hippie" fonts like the Grateful Dead
- anything TOO crunchy granola or TOO strictly businessy
- anything difficult to read or with too many small details