We are a small startup software company that is about to release its first application for Windows (Vista/XP/7).
Our audience is photographers, magazines, archiving specialists, digital libraries.
We are looking for a creative to come up with an icon suite for our application "FileMind". The new symbols must be clean and professional, and compliant with the Vista Aero style guide (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa511280.aspx).
Creativity and originality are appreciated - don't copy an existing work for your main illustration.
This is a screenshot of the current main dialog, with dummy icons in place: http://www.metabilitysoftware.com/_…haScrn.png
This is the current splash screen for the app:
Here is the set of icons (framed in red) that we need:
- Main design concept for 'metadata' icon base (suggesting "file metadata editing"), clear and sharp in all required sizes.
- Icons have one consistent color scheme that does not collide with the blue of the website or the current user interface.
- Icons most look good on existing (blue) background
- Final icons delivered in a single PSD with slices (template available)
- Large icons have a short Areo-style drop shadow
- Icons must be immediately recognizable - don't use abstract concepts.