Hello 99designs Illustrators.
Thanks for reading our brief and any work in advance. I'm a graphic designer by trade and know what it's like to design a logo for $100 just to keep paying the bills. I also know my illustration skills are somewhat limited and this task is too big for me to illustrate.
I'm newly in charge of marketing and the creative at a voice marketing startup company called Vontoo. We've developed a variety of add-on online voice applications that lets you create a single message and then send it to one, hundreds, or thousands using a browser interface. We aren't robocalling but are all about opt-in lists plus we have a "transfer" option that lets you connect to a live human like a client's box office.
I've convinced our CEO to give 99designs a whirl as we're looking to revise the icons we're using in the "Vontoo process" in favor of a consistent look and feel. Like everybody else, we've been pulling art from the VERY common, inexpensive resources and not finding a consistent match for the icons we seek. We'd really like to use original artwork that every Tom, Dick or Harry has. Looking like everyone else is NOT our goal.
- Create several icons with the same "look and feel" that can be used to convey the Vontoo process
- Illustrated icons can be Web 2.0-esque or not in style, (e.g. with/without reflection, 3-D-ish, shadows, etc.)
- We're looking for "unique" and icons that look like nobody else's
- We prefer a modern, contemporary, and clean aesthetic - a la Apple/Mini Cooper/Method Home products design camp
- We are positioning ourselves as the "leader" in this new media form so looking for "leadership" qualities in the icons too.Final file format: Separate Illustrator eps/ai files (transparent background) for each of the icons