I am looking for an extraordinary and outstanding printcover (for Amazon Create Space) and ebookcover (for Amazon Kindle). A cover that jumps into view while scrolling through the virtual book shelfs.
Content of the book: An atheist plans to commit suicide, but is then hitted by love at first sight and afterwards by a mystical revelation, which changes his world. He is searching for truth and finds out that a neurologist, who has found the "god's algorithm" has to do with his revelation… A suspenceful lovestory with dystopic and thriller-elements (but no genre-novel!!) about the question, if god is real or a construction of the brain. Key themes are enlightenment, religion, neuroscience, brainwave-manipulation, epiphyse and the third eye etc.
It's also a love story with a bit of humour and a happy end.
The cover should be clear and simple (but also mysterious), with one central visual element. I have different ideas for this element:
1. A pincecone in (dark-)green on white ground with a nimbus / gloriole / aureole. (If you would like to create such a cover, please google the pinecone in the patio of the vatican and other symbolisations.) Alternative: Pinecone in brain-optic.
2. A light shining out of the centre of a brain
3. A golden, "vibrating" key
4. A paradise garden within the silhouette of a brain (maybe not so good for thumbnail-image)
5. An eye, from which downward leaks a shining / radiation like the holy spirit
6. A scheme / silhouette of a man or his face, whose eyes are looking wondering upwards to the gloriole around his head
These are only ideas and suggestions, YOU are the professional - please feel free to surprise me with your idea and vision of enlightenment… ;-)
I would prefer a graphic or illustration (in matte colors?) instead of a photo or photorealistic or metallic or neon look and feel with "loud" and chintzy asthetics, but if you wanna use a photo or virulent colors and it works - fine! I'm open to your ideas.
I've attached covers with kind of aesthetics and colours or simplicity I like in general.
The cover must contain the title of the novel "E.D.E.N." (maybe central in a semicircle, e. g. in or above the gloriole in idea 1 or above the eye in idea 5). It has to contain also "Roman" (= novel) and the writers name "Mike Engel" (very small compared to the title).
Thanks a lot for your time and ideas!