I hired a cover artist to create a design but it never captured my vision. The original PSD file is upload as an attachment and is also available here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4…sp=sharing
Elements I want changed:
(1) Modify the background to include space elements, such as a planet or spaceship (or both).
(2) Refine the face of the character: longer hair (keep it fuchsia), evergreen eyes, prettier, see attached reference image for expression.
(3) Change the typography. It should be sleek and polished with a high-tech feel. The layout can also change, such as having the title on the bottom to allow the space graphics up top. Open to suggestions.
(4) Create better contrast between the character and the background so it renders well at small thumbnail size. Right now, her legs blend in too much with the background. See the two attached examples for sci-fi covers with a character against a background.
(5) Fix the outer energy ring coming from her hand that is overlapping the character's face--at thumbnail size it looks like she has a unicorn horn.
This is the first book in a planned trilogy and I'd like to create branding to carry throughout the series. If this project goes well, I'd love to work with the selected designer on the two additional covers.
I would like to receive the final PSD files so I can add the blurb and testimonial once the book is finished.