While I love my original idea for this cover (included below), I'd also really like to see other creative, expansive, out-of-the-box interpretations that give you the creative license to express the vibe of this collection. I want to see designs that are different from one another and bring your unique talent to the table.
There are 99 micro blogs in this book - eclectic, spiritual, creative - some as short as a sentence and others fictional stories many pages in length. All based on my experience, inspiration and insight as a creative dreamer who's giving her spirit permission to Come Out And Play. Here is the link to my micro blog so you can get a taste of my writing: https://www.elysehughes.com/mb/micro-blog. The story inside this collection which I decided to use for the title is talking about the ache I had inside to get excited about life again - the collection really charts that journey back to SelfLove and a renewed passion for life - here's the link so you can get a flavor for it: https://www.elysehughes.com/mb/micr…t-and-play. My website is http://www.elysehughes.com - it's pretty expressive of my personality/preferences/style. I've included little loves - cat, plants, MacBook pro - in my original idea (see below), too, so there's a lot of material for you to play with.
I'm open to fresh perspectives on my original idea OR something completely different you've been inspired to create with the info I've given you. Thank you so much for your talent!
To honor your time and be clear on what I'm wanting, I'm focusing on the designs aligned with my preferences or that I see potential in for the final round. This way there's a fresh energy and flow to the contest that communicates clearly to you all and saves everyone time and energy. So many thanks! ~ elyse
- 5"x8" book dimensions
• cover predominantly white
• black lettering (open to vibrant color also - if there is still a nice mix of black on white within the design)
• images/illustration: silhouette of a girl working on a laptop in a hammock under a big window that opens up to the galaxy (see attached galaxy images). The white space is like the inside of the house where she’s creating/writing on her laptop and has all her favorite things around her—teacup, cat, plants, books – some of these things can be distributed on the back cover, too – whatever works best with your design). I was thinking of the silhouettes all in a solid color (black is my #1 choice) that contrasts well to the white of the cover.
• on the back cover – I imagined silhouettes of cactus and/or succulents/plants
• I’d like the design to be clean and elevated with a nice spaciousness.
• I’ve attached kitty silhouettes and galaxy pics I like the style of (open to your ideas, as well). You can also check my website – http://www.elysehughes.com - and social profiles (FB & Insta @elysehugheswriter) to get a feel for my style.
• A few things I'm looking for:
- I'd like the window opening to the galaxy to be a prominent focal point in the design. I'd like it to be alluring, welcoming, inviting, enticing - like it's calling - the reader is drawn into its expanse. The galaxy images I attached in the zip file in the brief are along the lines of the style I like - swirling hues of purple, blue, magenta - those are my fave although, I'm open to others along the same strand. Bold, beautiful, galactic. I want that element of the design to be captivating and really draw the eye. I'm open to accentuations of the stars and even a "glow" element to really bring out the magical quality of the galaxy.
- I'd really like the font choice to tell the story of the words "Come Out And Play." I included some creative designer styles (Visual Styles in the brief) who have a nice way of accentuating that expressiveness with font I'm looking for.
- I'm attracted to an artistic, illustrative feel.
- Thank you all for offering me so many options to help clarify my preferences. The design reaches people in a way that calls to the spirit and invites them in. It elevates the book to a whole new level that only your talent can provide. So many thanks. ~ e